Tri-County Mental Health is pleased to announce an opportunity for older adults to attend the Aging Mastery Program. AMP was developed by the National Council on Aging (NCOA) and has been successful at helping older adults build their own playbook for aging well.
AMP is a fun, innovative, and person-centered education program that empowers participants to embrace their gift of longevity by spending more time each day doing things that are good for themselves and for others. The program encourages mastery—developing sustainable behaviors across many dimensions that lead to improved health, stronger economic security, enhanced well-being, and increased societal participation.
• Oak Pointe of Kearney is hosting this session of the Aging Mastery Program at their facility at 200 Meadowbrook Drive, Kearney, MO 64060
• The first AMP class will meet on Monday, February 26th from 6:00 – 7:30 pm. Then the classes will meet for 10 consecutive weeks ending in a graduation celebration on Monday, May 7th at 6:00 pm.
• This class will be co-facilitated by Becky Franklin, with Tri-County Mental Health and Glen Smith, with Smith Elder Business Law.
• The fee for this class is $39 and includes all course materials, presentations on each topic, and dinner each week.
• This class is offered in partnership with Clay County Senior Services.
• Space is limited to the first 20 participants who register for the class. Please register by no later than February 20th.
• You may register in the following ways:
– Click on this link to sign up for the class.
– Mail your name and a check to the following address:
TCMHS c/o Lori Wheelhouse
3100 NE 83rd Street
Kansas City, MO 64119
– Register by phone by calling Lori Wheelhouse of Tri-County Mental Health Services at 816-965-1028.
AMP up your life!
• Navigating Longer Lives
• Exercise and You
• Healthy Eating and Hydration
• Financial Fitness
• Medication Management
• Advance Planning
• Healthy Relationships
• Falls Prevention
• Community Engagement