Show Me Hope Crisis Counseling Program:
Tri-County is proud to have been selected to be a part of the Missouri Show Me Hope Crisis Counseling Program in response to the Covid-19 global pandemic.
Show Me Hope is Missouri’s crisis counseling program (CCP) with locations and resources throughout the state. Tri-County staff is here to serve Clay, Platte and Ray counties in the Northland of Metro Kansas City.
Funded by FEMA and Missouri’s Department of Mental Health, our crisis counselors can help anyone dealing with the anxiety and uncertainty caused by COVID-19. The Show Me Hope program helps individuals and communities through community outreach and access to resources including mental health services.
Since the 1970s, Missouri has offered crisis counseling programs to provide support after natural disasters including tornados and floods. Show Me Hope activates when needs exceed what the local community or state can provide.
Show Me Hope can help people recover and rebuild their lives after COVID-19. It supports short-term interventions that focus on the following counseling goals:
• Helping residents understand their current situation and reactions.
• Reduce stress and provide access to emotional support.
• Assist residents review recovery options.
• Promote the use or development of coping strategies.
• Connecting residents with other people and agencies who can help them in their recovery process.
Show Me Hope offers services to local residents dealing with COVID-19 challenges. Free services to local residents include:
• Individual and group crisis counseling (conducted online, phone, email).
• Basic supportive or educational outreach.
• Community networking and support – individual, groups or organizations.
• Assessments, referrals, and resources.
• Development and distribution of educational materials – via social media, web, email or hard copy materials.
• Media and public service announcements.
Please follow us on our social media platforms for regular updates about free webinars, events and general helpful educational posts.