REACH Healthcare Foundation announced today that Tri-County Mental Health Services is the recipient of one of 27 local Core Operating Partner grants. The grant of $50,000 provides general support. Each year, these grants are given to nonprofit organizations whose work is highly aligned with the foundation’s focus on increasing access to health coverage and quality health care. Tri-County appreciates the support not only because it provides an unusually generous amount of funds for operating expenses, but also because it reflects the regard that REACH has for Tri-County’s work and mission.
The foundation has maintained a longstanding commitment to investing in the general operations of effective nonprofit organizations. Since 2006, REACH has awarded more than 199 grants totaling $13.9 million.
Tri-County CEO President and CEO Tom Petrizzo explained, “We at Tri-County could not accomplish much of the work we do without the support that great organizations like the REACH Foundation provide. REACH staff are always there to lend a hand, and not only through financial support. They offer organizational support and advice, helping the entire Kansas City community.
Brenda Sharpe, REACH Foundation President and CEO, said the organizations funded for 2018 are “leaders in strengthening the health care safety net, advocating for consumers, and providing valuable information and assistance to individuals who are uninsured and medically underserved within our six-county service area.”
The organizations selected include primary care, mental health and oral health care organizations, rural health networks, community health coalitions, and advocacy and policy organizations. Six organizations were selected because of their work with specific vulnerable populations, including homeless youth and adults, foster care youth, and immigrants and refugees. Two organizations, reStart Inc. and Cornerstones of Care, are new additions to the core partners list for next year.
The following 27 organizations will receive the grants:
- Cass Community Health Foundation
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas, Inc.
- Community Health Council of Wyandotte County
- Comprehensive Mental Health Services
- Cornerstones of Care
- El Centro, Inc.
- Health Care Coalition of Lafayette County, MO
- Health Partnership Clinic
- Jewish Vocational Service
- Johnson County Mental Health Center
- Kansas Action for Children
- Kansas Association for the Medically Underserved
- KC CARE Clinic
- Kansas Center for Economic Growth (via Kansas Action for Children)
- KidsTLC, Inc.
- Mattie Rhodes Center
- Missouri Budget Project
- Missouri Health Care for All
- reStart, Inc.
- Rodgers Health
- Southeast Kansas Mental Health Center
- Synergy Services
- Thrive Allen County
- Tri-County Mental Health Services, Inc.
- Turner House / Wyandotte Community Health Center
- Wyandot Center for Community Behavioral Healthcare